pam cuts of email address in a cyrus setup

rupert rupertt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:58:00 UTC 2008

Hi,
im running a cyrus murder cluster that access a mysql Table for
authentification,
i just switched to the pam_mysql module because we need hashed passwords in
the DB.
When I try to login with an email address as username PAM cuts of everything
after the "@".
Login works fine with an account that has a crypted pasword and no domain
attached
Where can i define the query for PAM?

cyradm --user joe at test.local --server frontend --auth PLAIN

the statement
SELECT password FROM users WHERE email = 'joe'

some logfile entries:

do_auth         : auth failure: [user=joe] [service=imap] [realm=
plusser.local] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]
badlogin: frontend [192.168.247.128] plaintext joe at test.local SASL(-13):
authentication failure: checkpass failed

/etc/pam.d/imap

#%PAM-1.0
#auth       include      system-auth
#account    include      system-auth

auth       sufficient   pam_mysql.so user=mail_admin passwd=pwd_mail
host=localhost db=mail table=users usercolumn=email passwdcolumn=password
crypt=1
#logtable=log logmsgcolumn=msg logusercolumn=user loghostcolumn=host
logpidcolumn=pid logtimecolumn=time
auth       sufficient   pam_unix_auth.so

account    required     pam_mysql.so user=mail_admin passwd=pwd_mail
host=localhost db=mail table=users usercolumn=email passwdcolumn=password
crypt=1
# logtable=log logmsgcolumn=msg logusercolumn=user loghostcolumn=host
logpidcolumn=pid logtimecolumn=time
account    sufficient   pam_unix_acct.so

/etc/imapd.conf(cut)

allowplaintext: yes
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd