PAM + local users + SecurID

Martin Mielke martinmie at PartyGaming.com
Mon Jul 21 14:52:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

this is a generic PAM-related question...

Nowadays we use SecurID to authenticate users against the LDAP server.
So, when LDAP users want to access a system they are prompted to enter
their passcode (RSA token).
The problem comes when a local user is created... it's still the RSA
server which asks for a passcode and not the system itself asking for a
passwd...

Now, I know that PAM modules are stackable but it seems that I can't
find the magic combination to allow what I want: 1. check if it's a
local user and offer the "password: " prompt, 2. if it's not local, hit
LDAP

Has anyone setup such a solution?

TIA,
Martin