Automatic account creation after authentication

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Fri Mar 28 13:27:58 UTC 2008

I modified the original pam_krb5 module to do something similar to this,
here is a brief list of features:

- Performs standard KRB TGT process
- If valid TGT received from KDC check for local account
- If no local account already present it performs a AD/LDAP query (no
authentication against LDAP)
- Then creates a passwordless local account for the user as well as home
directory

A lot of people do the opposite by modifications to the PAM stack to use
the nss_ldap to enumerate accounts.

I am not sure about how your architecture is setup but either of the
above might be a viable solution. And I am unfamiliar with the
pam_radius_auth module.

If you are interested in the project I setup at sourceforge (just
contains additional code to perform features I mentioned above) you can
find it under pam_krb5+ldap. I attempted to contact the original
developer to see about merging the features I implemented but never
heard back.

HTH