Re: "account sufficient pam_winbind.so" not working, auth line works fine

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 10:03:30AM -0300, D G Teed wrote:
> I'd prefer to run it with:
>
> account     sufficient    pam_winbind.so
> auth        sufficient    pam_winbind.so try_first_pass

> However, this does not work.

> Why is winbind causing failure when account is being used with the module?

The answer to this is going to be specific to the pam_winbind module.  You
may want to ask on a Samba mailing list rather than on a PAM mailing list,
to find more folks familiar with winbind who can better focus the
discussion.

But as a starting point, you probably want to look at your logs to see what
if anything pam_winbind is logging in the account section.

slangasek ubuntu com                                     vorlon debian org