Authentication problems with ldap

Dan Yefimov dan at nf15.lightwave.net.ru
Mon Sep 22 18:27:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Lynn York wrote:

> I have added pam_ldap.so to system-auth-ac and I am still having an auth
> issue with pam and ldap
>
> [config]
>
> system-auth-ac
> #%PAM-1.0
> # User changes will be destroyed the next time authconfig is run.
> auth        required      pam_env.so
> auth        sufficient    pam_ldap.so try_first_pass
> auth        sufficient    pam_unix.so nullok
> auth        requisite     pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet
> auth        required      pam_deny.so
>
> account     required      pam_unix.so
> account     sufficient    pam_ldap.so try_first_pass
> account     sufficient    pam_succeed_if.so uid < 500 quiet
> account     required      pam_permit.so
>
> password    requisite     pam_cracklib.so try_first_pass retry=3
> password    sufficient    pam_unix.so md5 shadow nullok try_first_pass
> use_authtok
> password    sufficient    pam_ldap.so try_first_pass
> password    required      pam_deny.so
>
> session     optional      pam_keyinit.so revoke
> session     required      pam_limits.so
> session     sufficient    pam_ldap.so
> session     [success=1 default=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so service in crond
> quiet use_uid
> session     required      pam_unix.so
>
> [end config ]
>
> Any other ideas?

First, you haven't described what exact error are you getting (look in syslog
logs for them). Second, pam_ldap.so has it's own config file and it's own
list of PAM stacks that it is available and meaningful for. Please consult
documentation shipped with it for details. If you will still have any
difficulties after consulting it's documentation I'd suggest you asking for
help in their mailing list.
--

    Sincerely Your, Dan.