Environment variables unset

Julian Thomé frostisch at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 10 09:38:12 UTC 2009

Hello Mailing list,

i have the following problem with PAM. I use kde and i want to make
symlinks in the home- directory of the
user logged in.
To do that i use the PAM- Module pam-exec.so in /etc/pam.d/common-session

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
schnipp
session required        pam_mkhomedir.so umask=077 skel=/etc/skel
session required        pam_exec.so /etc/samba/groups-preexec.sh
session required        pam_exec.so /etc/pam.d/symlinks_to_groupdirs
session required        pam_unix.so
session optional        pam_ldap.so
session optional        pam_umask.so umask=077
session optional        pam_echo.so "Sie sind erfolgreich als Benutzer
%u am Computer %h angemeldet"
session optional        pam_motd.so
<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------schnapp

The script symlinks_to_groupdirs should create symlinks from the homedir
of user to /tmp/<groups>.
Now i have the problem, that no envronment- variables are set. $HOME,
$USER, $PAM_RUSER and $PAM_USER are unset. It is also impossible to
compute the user by $(id -un) - the result of that command is "root"
every time.
I tried to run the script via "pam_exec.so seteuid ..." - but the result
was the same how "pam_exec.so ...".
I tried to add new Environment- varialbes to pam_env.conf
RUSER     DEFAULT=xyz OVERRIDE=@{PAM_RUSER} but it failed because
PAM_RUSER/PAM_USER are not set.

It would be very nice if someone could help me !!
Thanks a lot !!

Greetings
  Julian Thome