Re: pam/winbind user not found problem

RB wrote:
That said, I'm not sure caching is the issue here - you seem to have
found the issue I saw as well (UID check with a completely non-local
user).

This isn't strictly a PAM issue, but rather with the default RHEL5.x configuration (and Centos, and probably fedora). Does anyone know what they were thinking? Should most pam auth modules know anything about uid's? I thought that was account info. If the idea is to keep the 'system' accounts (below 500 by convention)in the passwd file, is there a better way to do it?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com