pam/winbind user not found problem

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jul 16 17:58:59 UTC 2009

RB wrote:

> That said, I'm not sure caching is the issue here - you seem to have
> found the issue I saw as well (UID check with a completely non-local
> user).

This isn't strictly a PAM issue, but rather with the default RHEL5.x
configuration (and Centos, and probably fedora).  Does anyone know what
they were thinking?  Should most pam auth modules know anything about
uid's?  I thought that was account info.  If the idea is to keep the
'system' accounts (below 500 by convention)in the passwd file, is there
a better way to do it?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com