authenticating ecryptfs and keyring without password.

Dark Shadow shadowofdarkness at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 16:19:22 UTC 2009

I am trying to use alternate authentication like libpam-blue and was
wondering if someone could write a module so that if libpam-blue
authenticates, my proper password is giving to ecryptfs and my keyring
to unlock them.

I know this is a security risk since I would have to leave my password
in a config file but hopefully it could have some obfuscation or even
encryption. Plus it would not be well known and block most people who
just boot a live cd and try to access my files but see my encrypted
home.

This would be good for anyone who uses alternate logins like usb or
webcam or fingerprint. At first I thought libpam-pwdfile would work
but that seems to be close but for a different purpose.