pam_group and nss

Wedgwood, Matthew E mwedgwood at austin.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 20 14:05:20 UTC 2009

On many systems, you can simply create the group locally and add
members to it in /etc/group. The group memberships will be
concatenated with those in LDAP.

This assumes that "files" appears in your nss config. Something like
this:

passwd      files ldap
group       files ldap

Be sure that the local group IDs match up with the LDAP groups you're
targeting.

-Matthew