diff between "include" directive and use of pam_stack.so?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Oct 16 12:06:56 UTC 2010

  perhaps just my inexperience with PAM but i'm reading an online PAM
tutorial here:

  http://content.hccfl.edu/pollock/AUnix2/PAM-Help.htm

and it mentions the use of the pam_stack.so module to support
recursive(?) processing.  on my centos 5.5 system, "man pam_stack"
appears to describe it much the same way.

  but how does this differ from simply "include"ing another PAM config
file?  on this centos system, the entirety of the use of that module
is:

$ grep pam_stack *
pm-hibernate:#auth       required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth
pm-powersave:#auth       required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth
pm-suspend:#auth       required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth
pm-suspend-hybrid:#auth       required	pam_stack.so service=system-auth
$

and, as you can see, all of those uses are commented out.  so is
pam_stack.so even used anymore?  thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca