multiple password prompts

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Tue Jun 7 16:17:31 UTC 2011

Greetings:

I am trying to find out if it is possible to have PAM prompt for
two-passwords, once for a kerberos request to AD and a second to an
OTP server via pam-radius on Redhat/centos. Setting both as required
results in :

Jun  7 12:09:15 localhost sshd[25196]: debug1: userauth-request for
user nowen service ssh-connection method password
Jun  7 12:09:15 localhost sshd[25196]: debug1: attempt 2 failures 2
Jun  7 12:09:16 localhost sshd[25195]: pam_radius_auth: RADIUS server
127.0.0.1 failed to respond
Jun  7 12:09:16 localhost sshd[25195]: debug1: PAM: password
authentication failed for nowen: Module is unknown

Setting both to include takes the first one. setting one as include
and the other as required does not work.

I'm worried this will require a custom PAM module.

TIA,

Nick
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication