Can a PAM service Module connect through the network?

I'm writing a PAM service module for my project, and in this module I need to made a
connection to a Postgresql data base, through the network, I'm using for this libpq,
but in the function on the PAM service module where a make the connection the Module
tells me, unKnow module, there is somebody that knows whats happend.