pam_lastlog and cyrus imap

My cyrus uses saslauthd, which uses pam.
Everything is working OK.

Wanted to use lastlog to be able to prune out unused accounts.

Have only this for session entry in /etc/pam.d/imap

session     required	  pam_lastlog.so silent

I login over imap, and nothing new appears from last command.

Am I doing this wrong, or does cyrus/saslauthd need
something to support lastlog?