managing the /etc/pam.d files

Is anyone aware of some opensource software that will manage a systems /etc/pam.d configuration. I am looking for some software that I can tie into our Web Management system that will take care of writing changes to the pam.d files. Currently I am using come complected python programs that work fine for the particular setup that we are running. But I foresee changes needed in our setup. If I am going to rewrite part of the pam file management code I want to check if there is something already available to do at least part of the work.

Joseph Lutz
Software Developer
NovaTech, LLC
13555 W. 107th Street