Re: Linux-PAM 1.1.8: make install tries to mkdir existing dirs

> No it looks like you want to try to install it as another user then root.

That is the case. I run make install as linux-pam, a user I created which
is member of the install group. The install group has rwx rights on folders
/usr/share/locale/xx and /usr/share/locale/xx/LC_MESSAGES on my system, so
there should be no problem.

I do not see why translation messages have to be installed as root. Can you
explain to me?

Thanks,

Christophe