Setting local password after Kerberos auth

John Bradley jbradley at haywood.edu
Fri Jun 13 19:11:56 UTC 2014

I would like to synchronize users' local accounts' passwords with their
network accounts. My thought is to do this immediately following a
successful authentication using Kerberos. Right now I am using pam_krb5 to
authenticate with a fallback to pam_unix. I would like to place something in
the flow of execution after a successful Kerberos authentication that would
use the provided password to update the local account, then bypass
authenticating against pam_unix, but I can't find anything that does this. I
have already configured PAM to update local passwords with remote passwords
when done using passwd, but very few if any of my users will use passwd to
change their network account password. Any thoughts?