PAM_IGNORE not being handled correctly

I'm trying to solve what I believe to be a red-hat / CentOS specific issue with PAM_IGNORE.
Using this example code as a base, I'm trying to authenticate with a pam module which I made in PAM Python. I just replaced the "su" with my module.

PAM_SUCCESS and PAM_AUTH_ERR work fine, but I get error code 6 (PAM_PERM_DENIED) when the module gives me PAM_IGNORE.

Is there something about this conversation function that is wrong, or is there something different between the RHEL implementation of PAM and that found in Ubuntu?

Thanks in advance!