configure /etc/pam.d/crond to use pam_mount

Simone Gaiarin simgunz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 15:09:22 UTC 2016

I've just tried now and I manage to list the files even from the cron job.
I've tested to take a backup with backintime and that also works fine. Also
another problem that I've described here
https://sourceforge.net/p/pam-mount/support-requests/61/ is gone. I'm
wondering what fixed the issue.

I'm sorry to made you lose time. I've spent many months trying to figure
out a solution to this annoying problem and now it's just gone by itself.

As a reference an extended discussion is present here:
https://github.com/bit-team/backintime/issues/590
where I've also posted the results of ls /media/dataHD at the time, and
where the result from the cronjob was:

/media/dataHD:
total 0

Thanks

On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 4:29 PM Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar at fantomas.sk>
wrote:

On 09.10.16 08:02, Simone Gaiarin wrote:

>Short version: Cron jobs cannot access the content of the encrypted disk

>even when I'm logged in. I can access the content of the disk from bash or

>graphical file explorer.

>Longer version:

>I've first seen problem because I'm using backintime to perform automatic

>backup of my disk. When I run the backup manually everything is fine, while

>when the backup is performed automatically with cron the resulting backup

>is always empty.

>Adding the follwing command to crontab (using crontab -e), in order to list

>the content of the drive (/media/dataHD), show me that the ls of the drive

>doesn't produce any result.

>*/1 * * * * ls -la /media /media/dataHD /media/dataHD/work > /tmp/filelist

could you show us the results when run from cron and manually?

Saving Private Ryan...

Private Ryan exists. Overwrite? (Y/N)

Pam-list at redhat.com