pam and parallelism

thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com
Wed Nov 22 09:11:16 UTC 2017

Hi all!

Is there a mechanism/api which I can use to have two authentication modes in
parallel.

E.g. the user can either login via password or via usb token.
One way would be to look for the usb token for 10 sec. and then start over to
password authentication. But IMHO would it be a better way if the wait for the
usb token is running in the background and if the token is plugged in, the user
is logged in automatically regardless if he is typing in a password or not.
However the user is able to type in the password anyway to login via password,
altought the usb token pam module is looking for the token.

Hope I could explain what I want to do :).

Is there already such API and what would be the key functions for this way?

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers,
Thilo