[Patternfly] New home page launched

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 14:03:34 UTC 2014

I really like it. The second band with the <3 + B = <^> icons is nice.
I like the focus on layouts in the third band -- are you sure you want
to change it? :) It's one of the things that makes PatternFly unique,
I think. Why not highlight it?

Two suggestions.

1. There is visual punch! -- the bright white circle on black background
is uncomfortable for my eyes. Anyone else notice this? It makes me look
away.

2. "Promotes design commonality and improved user experience across
enterprise IT products and applications." As Robb can attest to, I'm a
fan not a marketing-speak. I give him a dirty look every time he uses
the word "leverage" (cough, ahem, "USE!") This slogan / sentence isn't
bad, but I think it could be better.

I don't love the verb "promote" here. It's too vague. I think "achieve"
is more accurate.

"commonality" is too many syllables and buzzwordy. How about plain ol'
"common"?

"improved" user experience -- too vague. What is improved?

Not a fan of "enterprise", but probably no getting away from that one.

My suggestion:
"Achieve common user interface and product design across your suite of
enterprise applications"

Greg