[Patternfly] we need a PatteryFly yum repo

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 11:05:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

Yesterday, Robb kindly merged [1] for me. This adds a spec and a Makefile
to PatternFly. Now we can easily build an RPM so people can
'yum install patternfly'.

However, we'll need a place to host the RPM files. They cannot be hosted
by the official Fedora repos (for now) because they do not meet the Fedora
packaging standards.

Could someone on the PatternFly team setup a yum repository which could
be used to host RPM files? Setting up a yum repo is about as simple as
setting up an http server. Example: [2]  Instructions: [3]

Perhaps this new server could live on the same infrastructure as
www.patternfly.org.

[1] https://github.com/patternfly/patternfly/pull/25
[2] http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/
[3] http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/linux-and-open-source/create-your-own-yum-repository/