[Patternfly] Progressive disclosure

Sarahjane Clark sclark at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 19:08:12 UTC 2014

At last week's Patternfly meeting, the forms pattern team asked about progressive disclosure.  We suspect, based on our initial research/googling around [1] [2], that our definition of progressive disclosure may not be the whole picture, so we need to clarify what interaction or concept we are investigating.

What do we mean by progressive disclosure?  What are some examples of what we mean by progressive disclosure?  Which products/interfaces use this today?

Thanks!

- The Forms Team

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_disclosure
[2] http://www.nngroup.com/articles/progressive-disclosure/