[Patternfly] NCDevCon

Robb Hamilton rhamilto at redhat.com
Thu May 22 15:11:58 UTC 2014

On May 22, 2014, at 8:35 AM, Greg Sheremeta <gshereme at redhat.com> wrote:

> Someone from PatternFly might be interested in presenting it at NCDevCon. http://www.ncdevcon.com/extensions/callforspeakers/SessionForm.cfm
>
> If no one else is local to Raleigh, I volunteer.

thanks, greg!

is this something you’d like to co-present on?

i think there is a fair amount of work to do around articulating the value proposition of patternfly so it doesn’t come across as simply a promotional thing as there are hundreds of bootstrap-based themes available (e.g., what makes patternfly unique?).  after all, patternfly is a response to a very specific business need within red hat.  maybe that’s the angle?  using Bootstrap to create a standard UI?  additionally, perhaps we can take the perspectives of upstream maintainer (me) vs downstream consumer (you) and how we’re able to forge consistency across Red Hat products by employing PatternFly?  what do you think?