[Patternfly] Input requested on charting libraries

Matt Carrano mcarrano at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 19:07:26 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

We are currently evaluating charting libraries to include in PatternFly.  A list of candidates that we have identified can be found here: https://docs.google.com/a/redhat.com/spreadsheets/d/1VORiNFZxhpTLD0a3mDLgeY8g8rmMG-p7c36dWoCpd3Y/pubhtml  Our plan is to include a set of common charting widgets within Patternfly much as we have with standard GUI components.  These can be used to assemble dashboards or in other places where visualizations of data are helpful.  Having a library that is easily customizable, extensible, and open source is a must.  We expect to apply are own styling so that charts appear in harmony with other elements in an overall Patternfly look and feel.

If you have experience using any of the libraries listed in the referenced spreadsheet we'd love to hear from you.  Or if you have other recommendations based on things you have used, or are currently using, please let us know.  We'd like to select something in the near term to being prototyping with as a way to explore and demonstrate capability.

Thanks,

Matt