[Patternfly] Notification/Alert

Josephine Qian joqian at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 21:31:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am working on the the notification/alert for JBoss EAP and trying to solve some of the issues of the global notification pattern in PatternFly. The main issue we found is that the inline alert is not shown prominently enough, due to its size and location. And it is easy to be overlooked by the user who is away for a few seconds.

We have brainstormed some alternative solutions for EAP but I am also curious about how notification/alert is designed in other products. I know in some cases designers put the alerts in the main content area (see attachment), when there is an immediate alert after the user does something on a page. But how do we deal with the global notification, if we want something different from PatternFly? Has anybody designed something similar to Mac's notification on the right?

Any thoughts and suggestions will be helpful! Thanks!

Josephine