[Patternfly] Destructive button states

Andreas Nilsson anilsson at redhat.com
Wed May 13 20:53:20 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-13 21:31, Matt Carrano wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I just wanted to float a question out there about usage of the Destructive states for buttons.  You can see here (https://site-patternfly.rhcloud.com/widgets/#buttons) that we support three states for buttons (Secondary (gray), Primary (blue), and Destructive (red)).  I'm curious if people are actually using the Destructive state in designs and, if so, under what conditions they use it.  Any examples will be helpful.

We use it in a couple of places in Cockpit.
Attaching three examples:
* Rebooting the machine - this will affect everyone currently getting
served by the server. Signals to be careful!
* Deleting a container from the overview - you can only get to this via
a mode-switch to avoid accidental deletion. There is also a delete
button on the container details page, also destructive.
* Deleting a network bond - this could affect services listening on that
interface.

In short, mostly things that delete stuff and that can mess up with
running services and destroy work for the current users of those services.
- Andreas