[Patternfly] November Community Meeting Minutes

Leslie Hinson lhinson at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 20:24:19 UTC 2015

Hey everyone,

Thank you to everyone who was able to join our community meeting! We had 31
participants in today's meeting and a lot of great discussion. I've
included meeting notes below and links to some new stories and bugs that
were created and added to our backlog as a result of your feedback. Please
let me know if I missed anything or if you have any additional items that
you would like to add.

Our next meeting will take place Wednesday, December 16th, at 2pm EST. I
will send out an invite out for that soon.

If you missed today's meeting or want to view/download the slides, you can
find links to these resources here:
https://www.patternfly.org/community/monthly-community-meeting/

Thanks again!
Leslie

NOVEMBER COMMUNITY MEETING - REQUESTS, JIRA LNKS AND OTHER ACTION ITEMS

---- Heat Map ----

* PatternFly to look into providing a recommendation for the max size for a
Heat Map. Story filed here:
https://patternfly.atlassian.net/browse/PTNFLY-917

* We would also like to provide a heat map where a block can represent a
grouping of objects vs a single metric. See epic here:
https://patternfly.atlassian.net/browse/PTNFLY-918

* Accessibility will need to be taken into consideration for 508 compliance
[1]. PatternFly will need to discuss strategy to align. See new story here:
https://patternfly.atlassian.net/browse/PTNFLY-924

---- Charts ----

* We need to have a min width on bar charts and donut charts. For example
if the used space equals 99%, the available space is too small to interact
with. A min width should be applied to avoid this. Bug filed here:
https://patternfly.atlassian.net/browse/PTNFLY-925

---- Inline Notifications  ----

* These inline notifications aka alerts are being used inside of modals,
may require some adjustment or an additional size specific to this use case
<<< No action until I hear from Stef Walters or Andreas Nilsson about
whether or not this is an issue.

---- Toast Notifications ----

* Request to explain how do you handle repetitive notifications? <<<
Comment added to current story here:
https://patternfly.atlassian.net/browse/PTNFLY-525

* Timeline views request showing logs. << Serena Doyle to follow up with
Andreas Nilsson regarding this request.

* Revisit Trend Chart visualization to see if it requires enhancement or
need an additional pattern. << Serena Doyle to follow up with Dan Clarizio
regarding this request.

* Request for a zoom in feature on trends << Serena Doyle to follow up with
Dan Clarizio and Jessica Forrester regarding this request.

* Request suggested that the toast be under the masthead/nav to avoid
preventing the user from doing things such as logging out. << Added comment
to current story here: https://patternfly.atlassian.net/browse/PTNFLY-525

---- General ----
* There were some issues around charts with IE. <<< PatternFly dev to loop
around with Jessica Forester about browser testing tool (
http://browserstack.com)

[1] http://www.section508.gov/