[Patternfly] Dashboard card

Gabriel Cardoso gcardoso at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 13:44:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

I’m probably late, but looking at your screen and given the needs you described, a solution could be:
- Select button from the cards
- make them clickable anywhere (single-select card view <https://www.patternfly.org/pattern-library/content-views/card-view/#/single-select>)
- make the selection of the card NOT go to the next screen immediately
- Add a “Next”  primary button at the bottom to confirm the selection, which brings to the next screen.

Thanks,
Gabriel

> On 28 Nov 2016, at 16:32, Sam Padgett <spadgett at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 12:49 PM, Serena Doyle <sdoyle at redhat.com <mailto:sdoyle at redhat.com>> wrote:
> If you have other widgets on the card, i'd suggest using a link for drilldown on the "name" ... the reason I'm saying this is because we have this type of variation in the List View as well.  If the List View is simple with no widgets and not more than 1 place to drill down to, selecting anywhere will perform a drill down, but for more complex layouts, show a link which provides the drilldown.
>
> Thanks, Serena. This is very helpful.
>
> Would you remove the select button in that case? When you pick a version and click select, you go to the page for that version. My only worry is that it might not be obvious the version dropdown and the link are connected.
>
> Sam

Gabriel Cardoso
UX designer @ Red Hat