[Patternfly] "No content available", or "content loading"?

Serena Doyle sdoyle at redhat.com
Thu Dec 22 21:06:03 UTC 2016

Hi Liz ...

Here is a document containing some patterns we have used in the management
area (specifically CloudForms & Satellite):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kdic4r-VWxPOYz0LdRGRBeRUq-jU4L1hb6Zg-PNCUw4/

Would this address your needs?

We have a story in our backlog to work on this pattern and contribute it to
PatternFly.

Thanks,
- Serena

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Liz Clayton <lclayton at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in finding guidelines (or prior designs) for the
> representation of an individual content element (table, panel, card, etc.)
> that has either no content or is loading content. I might need this for use
> specifically within a dashboard card. https://www.patternfly.o
> rg/pattern-library/dashboard/dashboard-card/#/api
>
> I believe the "empty state" and "inline notification" are intended more
> for entire screen views, so I don't think they apply:
> https://www.patternfly.org/pattern-library/communication/empty-state/#_
> https://www.patternfly.org/pattern-library/communication/inl
> ine-notifications/#/api
>
> I'm thinking about possibly showing a spinner with either a tooltip or
> little bit of text to let users know when content is still loading.
> Probably would only come into play if the load time was greater than "x"
> seconds.
> https://www.patternfly.org/pattern-library/widgets/#spinner
> And for no available content, maybe a line of text saying just that.
>
> If anyone has recommendations please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Liz C.

- Serena Chechile Doyle
*UXD | Unified Management Experience*
*Red Hat*
*Cell* 508-769-7715 | *IRC* - serena | *Skype* - serenamarie125 | *Twitter* -
@serenamarie125