[Patternfly] A Look Back on 2016

Leslie Hinson lhinson at redhat.com
Thu Dec 22 22:13:47 UTC 2016

PatternFliers,

2016 was a big year for PatternFly and we want to share some of the
highlights:

   -

   Announced the new PatternFly site <http://www.patternfly.org>, a product
   of collaboration between research, design and development.
   -

   Saw an increase to our site traffic, consistently seeing over 10k
   sessions per month.
   -

   Published articles about PatternFly on dotdev.com [1], openstudio.com
   [2,3] and opensource.com [4,5].
   -

   Organized a PatternFly meet-up and a subsequent UXD-dev meet-up, which
   resulted in the delivery of the PatternFly Roadmap
   <http://blog.patternfly.org>.
   -

   Hosted our first ever hack-a-thon, connecting developer groups with a
   common interest in pushing web components forward.
   -

   Presented at a number of conferences including sessions at Red Hat
   Summit, DevNation, DevNexus, DevConf, QCon, Open Hardware Summit and
   various meet-ups and user groups.
   -

   Hosted a booth in Community Central at Red Hat Summit, building
   awareness about the project and conducting multiple usability tests.
   -

   Adopted a process to design in the open
   <https://blog.patternfly.org/patternfly-design-going-github/> with
the PatternFly-design
   repository <https://github.com/patternfly/patternfly-design> on GitHub.
   -

   Organized and participated in design workshops to onboard designers to
   GitHub and collaborate on PatternFly designs.

The entire UXD team would like to thank the PatternFly community for your
commitment to PatternFly.  We are excited for 2017 and the opportunities
that lie ahead as we continue to push forward the initiatives we’ve set in
2016.

Best,

The PatternFly Team

[1]