[Patternfly] Proposed changes to Vertical Navigation

Serena Doyle sdoyle at redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 12:46:41 UTC 2016

Andres,

   - Colleen is currently analyzing the results from the tests held at RH
   Summit.  Once we have them, we will share them!
   - I'm speaking with Kyle today re: the icons.
   - In the meantime, I will be creating issues in github for these items
   this week.  The plan is to have Jeff submit PRs for them when he returns.
   - I'll also be contributing tertiary nav design via the new process ...
   so you may be receiving questions soon :)

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Andres Galante <agalante at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Serena, I wrote a rely to this back when you've send it and I just saw
> it on my drafts :(
>
> Anyway, I'd love to see what the results of the tests are, specially
> around icons.
>
> Did you get to test different delay times? 0.5s feels good, but I wonder
> whats the magic number where a user feels the UI is responds to his actions
> and he doesn't fall into mistakes open menus.
>
> Thanks a lot, this is great! I love iterations.

>>> @Kyle Baker, can you look at this comment re: the icons?
>>>

>>  We should not change the icon size when the labels are showing. It will
>> throw off the existing hierarchy and be detrimental to the desktop layout
>> which is the primary format for our apps. I am okay with changing the size
>> to larger when the navigation is collapsed.

- Serena Chechile Doyle
*UXD | Unified Management Experience*
*Red Hat*
*Cell* 508-769-7715 | *IRC* - serena | *Skype* - serenamarie125 | *Twitter* -
@serenamarie125