[Patternfly] Jekyll Version

Jeffrey Phillips jephilli at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 12:26:31 UTC 2016

Currently the patternfly README.md <https://github.com/patternfly/patternfly/blob/master/README.md> file states that jekyll 2.5.3 should be used when building due to Jekyll issues #4433 <https://github.com/jekyll/jekyll/issues/4433> and #4442 <https://github.com/jekyll/jekyll/issues/4442>. These issues have been resolved in Jekyll 3.1.4 and I believe we should remove the 2.5.3 requirement and update to the latest jekyll version. Not doing so causes some issues since many folks miss this requirement causing a large number of diffs to the dist/tests files. While the differences are non-functional, it still causes many files to be changed and potentially committed.

I’m reaching out for any objections or differing opinions before removing this restriction from Patternfly. Coincidentally enough (not really) the versions of the dist/tests files were built with Jekyll 3.1.6 so there would be no changes to the dist/test files required.

I have also logged issue #355 - Jekyll Version <https://github.com/patternfly/patternfly/issues/355>.