[Patternfly] Consolidating patternfly dependency management

Patrick Riley priley at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 15:26:08 UTC 2016

I tend to agree that solidifying our dependency base with *npm* is a good
move for the long term in Patternfly. It appears the Angular and React team
have moved solely to *npm* for managing dependencies as well. This can only
speak to the fact that *npm* is much more actively maintained and has
become a standard for managing front-end as well as back-end javascript
dependencies.

I found a good reference here with discussion around moving towards npm. It
offers some good suggestions and common challenges.
https://gofore.com/stop-using-bower/

I would also agree that maintaining our Patternfly bower package for the
community would be desired until we determine otherwise.

Any other ideas about this from the group?

*Patrick Riley*
Interaction Designer - Software Engineer, RedHat, Inc.
100 E Davie St, Raleigh, NC 27601

priley at redhat.com | office: 919-890-8331 | mobile: 859-536-6767