[Patternfly] Move to Slack

Patrick Riley priley at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 14:41:06 UTC 2016

I'd be OK with moving to Slack and Gitter or solely to Gitter. Gitter
channels can be used independently from Github repos now, do not have the
chat limit history issue, and allow you to create teams now (a huge thanks
to David Halasz for mentioning this). It also helps you frame discussions
more around Github repos/issues when desired (so that's a huge perk for
developers). It looks Gitter supports the same level of "fun" with Giphy
integrations too. There is mobile apps for Gitter too.

https://github.com/dervondenbergen/giphy-gitter
https://gitter.im/apps

I have a really hard time tracking IRC, Gitter, Slack, Rocket Chat among
others, and would love to standardize and use less tools to save valuable
CPU cycles.

My $.02.

*-Patrick*