[Patternfly] UXD Team - Thoughts on multi column forms

Liz Clayton lclayton at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 14:36:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 9:30 AM, Matt Carrano <mcarrano at redhat.com> wrote:

> In general I agree with what's been said about multi-column forms and
> think they should be avoided in most cases.  However, I do think there are
> situations where placing fields adjacent to each other in a horizontal row
> makes sense - first name, last name or city, zip would be two examples as
> cited.

I haven't read all the threads, but I'm also in the camp of avoiding
multi-column forms in most cases.

S.J. - You might want to check in with Joe, I know he looked into this when
he was doing the Forms discovery story. And the following article offers
some helpful info on this topic as well:
https://www.nngroup.com/articles/web-form-design/

Best,
Liz