[Patternfly] UXD Team - Thoughts on multi column forms

Liz Blanchard lsurette at redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 18:55:44 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Allie Jacobs <ajacobs at redhat.com> wrote:

> OpenShift has an insanely long form that has parameters grouped. My plan
> is to move that to a wizard. Not every field is necessary and this would
> allow the user to jump to the relevant sections. I looked at an accordion
> but decided against this because the user could still open all sections and
> then see an insanely long form again.

Thank you all for the helpful responses. We have the added complication of
the UI being generated based on the data that's sucked in from user created
YAML files (which could have any number of fields ordered in any way). I'm
definitely trying to push on being able to categorize things. I'll look
into the use of accordions vs wizards, too.

@Greg, Matt - if you guys are willing, would you mind sharing the solutions
you've mentioned? Feel free to share offline if that works better for you.
@Allie - I'm happy to brainstorm on using a wizard for this if you need
someone to bounce ideas off of.

Thanks,
Liz