[Patternfly] What would YOU like to see on the PatternFly Typography Page?

Jessica Ryhanych jryhanyc at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 18:43:06 UTC 2017

Hey Jenny,
I agree with Matt here too – some kind of page or example that shows the
typography styles in use on a page would be helpful. I know it wouldn't be
a one size fits all solution but having real world examples would be nice
to have to illustrate the system.

Thanks!
Jessica

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 1:40 PM Matt Carrano <mcarrano at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Jenny,
>
> This might be what you mean when you say "Do's and Don'ts" regarding use
> of type, but I've always felt we should have some guidelines about what
> type styles to use for common elements like page titles, section headings,
> sub headings, etc.
>
> Matt
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 5:41 PM, Greg Sheremeta <gshereme at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
> [Way out of my domain of knowledge]
> Should it say anything about color? What to do when there is a background
> color?
>
> Best wishes,
> Greg
>

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Jenny Haines <jhaines at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi PatternFlyers-
>
> What additional information would you like to see on PatternFly's
> Typography page? What would be useful to you? Our Current Typography Page
> <http://www.patternfly.org/styles/typography/#_>
>
> Things I have seen included in UI Typography guides elsewhere:
>
>    - "Do's and Don'ts" in regards to how to use type
>    - A table that includes the weight, point size, and tracking, and
>    usage for each text style
>    - Base and minimum font sizes
>    - Describing why the particular typeface was chosen, and why it works
>    for our applications
>
> Thank you!
> *Jenny Haines*
> *UI/VISUAL DESIGNER*
> (m) 443-889-2881 <(443)%20889-2881>
> jhaines at redhat.com
> jennyhaines10 at gmail.com

> --
> Greg Sheremeta, MBA
> Red Hat, Inc.
> Sr. Software Engineer
> gshereme at redhat.com

> --
> Matt Carrano
> Sr. Interaction Designer
> Red Hat, Inc.
> mcarrano at redhat.com

Jessica W. Ryhanych
Interaction + Visual Designer, User Experience Design Team
Red Hat