[PatternFly] Displaying the progress of a process

Matt Carrano mcarrano at redhat.com
Mon Jul 10 14:13:48 UTC 2017

This sounds like an interesting solution, Pasquale. So if I understand you
correctly, the suggestion if for something like the steps indicator at the
top of the wizard pattern in the form factor of a progress bar. Is that
correct? We don't have anything in PatternFly today that specifically
addresses this need, but I can see it as an alternative to a linear
progress bar for step-based processes.

If you create something like this, would be interested to see what it looks
like in context.

Regards,

Matt

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 5:39 AM, Pasquale Erhard <
Pasquale.Erhard at creasoft.li> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I am currently looking for ways to display the progress of a process.
>
> The process may not be linear (some steps can be skipped or performed
> later), and the whole thing shouldn’t take too much space, so we can
> display it inside of a table.
>

> What our customer suggested are circles that correspond to each step of
> the process. As soon as the step is completed the circle may get filled in.
>
> The great advantage of this, is that we can easily see when a step has
> been left out.
>
> In reality, it would similar to this:
>
> ˜˜š˜˜š
>
> Of course we’d need a tooltip for every circle that states which step of
> the process it represents.
>

> What do you think of this solution, and do you know of any other solutions
> that solve this problem?
>

> Regards,
>
> Pasquale

Matt Carrano