[Patternfly] Thoughts on dropping IE9 support with PF 4

Jonathan Yu jawnsy at redhat.com
Sat Mar 11 18:33:56 UTC 2017

+1 for dropping IE9.

OpenShift tests on IE11 and Edge only:
https://access.redhat.com/articles/2176281

Microsoft has ended support for all IE versions except IE11:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsforbusiness/end-of-ie-support

So it seems perfectly reasonable for PatternFly to follow suit.

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Guillaume Vincent <gvincent at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> +1 for dropping IE9
>
> Love this comment on Bootstrap Drop IE9 issue:
> https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/issues/21387#issuecomment-268592892
>

> On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Brian Leathem <bleathem at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> We have recently introduced the new barebones expanding list into
>> PatternFly 3 [1], and are refactoring the list-vew to be based on top of it
>> for PatternFly 4.  In this refactor it makes the most sense to leverage CSS
>> flexbox positioning, However this breaks compatibility with IE 9.
>>
>> Do any of you have a concern if we were to drop IE9 support with
>> PatternFly 4?  I would hate to see it as a reason that kept a project from
>> upgrading to PatternFly 4.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian Leathem
>>
>> [1] https://rawgit.com/patternfly/patternfly/master-dist/
>> dist/tests/list-pf.html

Jonathan Yu / Software Engineer, OpenShift by Red Hat / 140-character rants
'n raves <https://twitter.com/jawnsy>

*“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.”* —
Samuel Beckett