[PatternFly] Trouble using PatternFly in Rails

Dana Gutride dgutride at redhat.com
Wed Dec 19 19:34:41 UTC 2018

Hi Christoph,

I think this is related to the scss paths in your app.  I usually use our patternfly-react-demo-app as a good resource to making sure our paths are right.  You can see it here:  https://github.com/patternfly/patternfly-react-demo-app <https://github.com/patternfly/patternfly-react-demo-app>.

Just a few things to point out - the sassIncludes in the package.json file specifically includes bootstrap-sass (    "bootstrap": "--include-path node_modules/bootstrap-sass/assets/stylesheets”,   ).  Depending on how you are compiling your sass, I’d make sure the bootstrap sass output is also in your path.

Our readme also has good information on making sure the sass paths resolve correctly:  https://github.com/patternfly/patternfly/blob/master/README.md#using-webpack <https://github.com/patternfly/patternfly/blob/master/README.md#using-webpack>
Though this refers to webpack, the principle applies for other sass build tooling.

Thanks,
Dana Gutride