[PatternFly] Monthly PatternFly content highlights

Abigael Donahue adonahue at redhat.com
Thu Apr 2 18:48:39 UTC 2020

Hi Flyers,

Now that we're in a new month, let's look back at PatternFly's content
highlights for March.

*PatternFly Community meeting *
Plenty of Flyers presented at the monthly PatternFly Community meeting,
where we chatted about new features and enhancements, upcoming content
improvements, and more. Check it out on YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KuI3_wNSX4&t=8s>.

*General content updates *
- We continue to build our presence across Twitter and Medium, engaging as
a community and sharing knowledge about the wonders of PatternFly, UX, and
open source.
- We recently finished revamping our main README file's content structure
in PatternFly's React repo.
- We're wrapping up new copy for PatternFly's homepage.

*PatternFly Medium *
*Most popular article published in March*
Empathy workshop: Design thinking approach to problem discovery
<https://medium.com/patternfly/empathy-workshop-design-thinking-approach-to-problem-discovery-361e49a9ee63>
by Sara Chizari, Carl Pearson, Sarahjane Clark, and Brian Dellascio

*All new articles published in March *
The PatternFly audit results are in
<https://medium.com/patternfly/the-patternfly-audit-results-are-in-17e52c3019dd>
by
Abi Donahue
Empathy workshop: Design thinking approach to problem discovery
<https://medium.com/patternfly/empathy-workshop-design-thinking-approach-to-problem-discovery-361e49a9ee63>
by Sara Chizari, Carl Pearson, Sarahjane Clark, and Brian Dellascio
A new look for PatternFly's React README files
<https://medium.com/patternfly/a-new-look-for-patternflys-react-readme-files-5ec280525ebc>
by Abi Donahue
Why JavaScript is eating HTML [excerpt]
<https://medium.com/patternfly/why-javascript-is-eating-html-73cf57af6928>
by Mike Turley

We also sent out our first Medium letter: We're building a content
community, one story at a time
<https://medium.com/patternfly/were-building-a-content-community-one-story-at-a-time-1d488e9ef048>.
And one of our articles (UX writing: The 5 W’s of microcopy
<https://medium.com/patternfly/ux-writing-the-5-ws-of-microcopy-353807132a4e>)
was translated into Portuguese
<https://youxiswriting.poetry.blog/2020/03/30/ux-writing-os-5-ws-da-microcopy/>.
This is such an exciting contribution from a community member (Pedro
Ribeiro) who is passionate about making UX content more accessible to wider
audiences all around the globe. Obrigada, Pedro!

*Topic breakdown*
- UX research: 14.3%
- UX design: 19%
- UX development: 33.3%
- UX writing: 9.5%
- All areas of UX: 23.8%

*Contribute*
- Follow PatternFly on Medium. <https://medium.com/patternfly>
- Write for us
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenoFuNp_GoW9gDxA5s8uklvZuGcYRMpwTfiTc0nXaG3Z3tEQ/viewform>
.

*PatternFly Twitter*
*Top 3 tweets (based on number of impressions)*
The PatternFly audit results are in
<https://twitter.com/patternfly_des/status/1244647263445671943>
Why JavaScript is eating HTML
<https://twitter.com/patternfly_des/status/1227997577464963073>
A new look for PatternFly's React README files
<https://twitter.com/patternfly_des/status/1237815523804614657>

*Contribute*
Follow PatternFly on Twitter <https://twitter.com/patternfly_des>.

Have a great month!