problem about CLONE_PARENT_SETTID | CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID ?

When I read create_thread() in NPTL source code, it passes
CLONE_PARENT_SETTID
| CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID to sys_clone(). However, in arch/arm/kernel/sys_arm.c

(sys_clone) [kernel 2.5.49]
256         if (clone_flags & (CLONE_PARENT_SETTID | CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID))
257                 return -EINVAL;

 I have searched CLONE_PARENT_SETTID in kernel, it seems only to appear in
some non-architecture files, such as /include/linux/sched.h and several arch
files,
 but they do little about wrapping.  Why ARM can't support
(CLONE_PARENT_SETTID | CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID)?

any comments? thanks a lot.

  Boris
To know what I don't know
To learn what I don't know