Re: problem about CLONE_PARENT_SETTID | CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID ?

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 11:01:32AM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Hu, Boris wrote:
>
> >  I have searched CLONE_PARENT_SETTID in kernel, it seems only to appear in
> > some non-architecture files, such as /include/linux/sched.h and several arch
> [snip]
> the kernel.  Nobody cared for Arm so far so there obviously is no kernel
> support.

Unless Russell has changed his mind recently,[1] use of SWP in userspace code
isn't supported.
I suppose this is less of a concern if futex's work on ARM though.

But you'll need some userspace synchronisation primitive to do useful work
with threads.

TTFN
[1]	And I haven't been following linux-arm recently.
--
Roger.
Master of Peng Shui.  (Ancient oriental art of Penguin Arranging)