Re: nptl 0.5

> > - rwlocks (*wakeup is bad)
>
> Why?
Because afaict if readers_wakeup is set to 1 and a new writer takes the
rwlock before any reader wakes up, readers will busy wait on it, as
discussed in this subthread:
https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/phil-list/2002-November/000212.html

> > - cleartid support for the main thread?
>
> Why?
Because if someone joins the main thread and the main thread gets a
SIGKILL (sent via pthread_kill), the joiner won't notice, See
https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/phil-list/2002-November/000217.html

> > - pthread_kill_other_threads_np (used by Sun JRE)
>
> That's their problem.  The JVM needs changing anyway.  I don't intend to
> re-introduce this function.
I don't see any reason to break code that could otherwise work.