Re: Run scripts

> If I want to run with nptl library a dynamic executable, which is compiled
> with LinuxThreads.  I may use the command line (under glibc):
>    elf/ld.so --library-path .:nptl $EXECTABLE_NAME

Btw, the script "testrun.sh" is produced by the build to make this handy.

> But how if I want to run a script to achieve the same result? For example,
> on Redhat80, I want to start apache daemon with the new nptl library.
> The usual way is "/usr/sbin/apachectl start", but it is just a wrapper
> script
> which calls httpd.  Are there any hints to start apachectl and dynamically \
> run all executables the script calls with nptl library?

No dice.  I think the only thing you can do is run in a chroot environment,
if you want everything to work normally.  Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the
environment will make it look for the libraries you want, but there is
nothing that changes the hard-coded path /lib/ld-linux.so.2 in the
binaries.  You will always get that dynamic linker.  It's possible that the
RHL8.0 build of ld-linux.so.2 is adequate for loading libc.so et al built
from the current sources, but I wouldn't want to bet on it.  If that
doesn't work and you are sufficiently brave and/or foolhardy, you could try
installing the ld-linux.so.2 from your build in /lib and see if that works
with the installed libc.so.6 et al--but if it doesn't, you will be royally
screwed until you can put the old file back.