Build failure: nptl 0.5 + glibc 2.3.1

On the same system (RH8.0, kernel 2.5.48-mm1) my glibc build fails with
the following message.  I did a make clean and make again because I had to
kill make the first time around (wrt unrelated lkml posting).

pt-readv.c:49:3: missing binary operator
make[1]: *** [pt-readv.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alan/glibc-2.3.1/nptl'
make: *** [nptl/others] Error 2

Also, it was mentioned before that nptl is to be declared usable soon.  At
this point would it be of use to try building a system that uses glibc
2.3.1 + nptl as it's main c/thread library?

-alan

P.S: Please cc: me, I am not subscribed.

Alan Willis wrote:

> The 'make subdirs=nptl check' failed at the exact same place again,
tst-sem5
> with the same message: Didn't expect signal from child: got `Segmentation
> fault'.

I've completely rewritten the semaphore implementation for the next
release.  This invalidates previous testing.  If you see problems with
upcoming releases let me know.

- --