Patches from Redhat gcc 3.2

  Which of the 69 patches in the redhat gcc-3.2 rpm from RH8 provide the
functionality needed for the __thread keyword, and anything else needed for
nptl to work correctly.  Also, are any modifications needed to glibc 2.3?
Also, I do not wish to make my system unusable with 2.4.x kernels,.. if I
build glibc with --enable-kernel=current, will that make glibc unusable with
2.4.x kernels?  I've been using 2.5 for a while now,. but I do want a sane
recourse.  Is this line also correct: --enable-addons=nptl,nptl_db, where
I've untarred the nptl dirs under in the main glibc directory.

   I'm trying to set up an environment where I can use nptl on gentoo.

Any assistance is most welcome :o)

Thanks in advance,

-alan