Re: RHL 8 binutils fails glibc-2.3 TLS test

Roland McGrath wrote:
> Please send me the details of the failure.  Send config.log.

I'm not sure you still need it, since it seems this binutils version
doesn't support TLS, and so the test should fail.
But here's the relevant part of it anyway:

configure:8: checking for i386 TLS support
configure:28: gcc -c  conftest.s 1>&5
conftest.s: Assembler messages:
conftest.s:12: Error: junk `NTPOFF' after expression