Re: nptl 0.4

On Thursday 10 October 2002 09:51 am, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Mark Gross wrote:
> >  /usr/src/toolchain/build_gcc/build/glibc/nptl_db/td_thr_tls_get_addr.os
> > td_thr_tls_get_addr.c:34: conflicting types for `td_thr_tls_get_addr'
> > ../linuxthreads_db/thread_db.h:408: previous declaration of
> > `td_thr_tls_get_addr'
> > td_thr_tls_get_addr.c: In function `td_thr_tls_get_addr':
> > td_thr_tls_get_addr.c:43: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>
> Just take a look at the messages for a second.  How can you expect this
> to work if you include nptl and linuxthreads?

I suppose your right.  linuxthreads and nptl aren't meant to coexist in the
same glibc build tree.  Now I know ;)

The version of glibc source (the snapshot of the day of the NPTL announcement)
I was using complained about no linuxthreads, so I put them in.

The new glibc snapshot from today doesn't have this problem and configs well
with only the nptl addon.

Thanks.

--mgross