Re: [patch] thread-aware coredumps, 2.5.43-C3

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Mark Gross wrote:

> I think I fixed it to set namesz to 5, with the +1 it was making it 6.  My
> patch is supposed to remove the +1.
>
> The value for men-name for the extended registers case is "LINUX".

But the terminating '\0' is required in ELF, no? Or are you going to drop
the name to "LINU" and put the required character in?

In modern size machines I think the limit is way too low, but it is a
standard. I'm sure some code will rely on the NUL and run off the end of
the Earth looking for it, so you can't just leave it off.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen tmr com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc